Saturday, August 05, 2006

An Open Letter to Sen. Lieberman

This was written after reading some comments at politics1.com about the Joe Lieberman matter. I composed this quickly and off the top of my head, so do not blame me for the rambling, but I am sure my message will get across to the Senator.


An open letter to Sen. Joseph I. Lieberman:

Dear Sen. Lieberman, or if I may, Dear Bubaleh,

Shabbat has broken on the East Coast and I know you are a busy man, so I will be brief.You may have just read a very well-thought out column from one of your supporters named WolfmanSU, pleading with you not to run as an Independent.


He, and I, and you all realize that Ned Lamont is going to beat you on Tuesday's primary, and probably by a wide margin.That is why you are pulling your field operations. You are smart enough to know that the Democrat primary is a lost cause. After your loss on Tuesday, there will be all sorts of pressure bearing down on you to hang it up and not run as an Independent.

Don't listen to them Joe! Run! Run! Run! You can do it. You can win with the support of Independents and Republicans primarily, even if you lose all those Democrat votes.

A mensch like you will know who you owe your victory too when you are in the United States Senate for another term, and even if you caucus with the Democrats, you will show that appreciation.

Forget these Kossacks who hate you so. Even WolfmanSU, the guy who does not want you to run as an Independent, and a Hebrew homey, has said that the opposition to you on the left might have some to do with anti-Semitism.

Joe, we just can't let those people win. Your former party may demand 100 % purity on every issue, but you do not have to take it.
So, run as an Independent. Don't listen to those people telling you to drop out, even if it is that Bill Clinton, whom you once described as immoral. We will be behind you all the way. If the race looks too close to call, we may even get Schlessinger to step aside with the tantalizing prospect of some free chips to use at the Mohegan Sun.

I know I am rambling and just saying things off the top of my head here, but I cannot implore you enough to keep the Joementum alive! Never stop fighting!We will look forward to your remarks at the 2008 Republican National Convention. Heck, if you play your cards right, you may even wind up running for Vice President again!

With affection from your Jewish Republican neo-con friend,


Corey Gross

1 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hebrew homey? What is this, Yiddish Ebonics Day or something? :)

In any event, I don't think that the GOP has much right to be complaining about demanding "100% purity on every issue" when that's what many of that party's activists do as well. And I say this as someone who if I lived in CT would vote for Lieberman in the primary, and probably in the general as an Independent if need be.

Did you e-mail this to Lieberman? Because I doubt he's yet aware of this blog's existence.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home