Monday, July 31, 2006

Take Out Blago

It's my second day of having this blog now and things are going well. The novelty has yet to wear off and it is maybe a little addictive. We will have to see how long that lasts.

Well, I will return tomorrow and try to find the time to talk about that barnburner in the Grand Canyon State. Tomorrow is the primary in Kansas and Thursday is the primary in Tennessee, so I am going to have to try to be around politics1.com to discuss those results.

Now, with 99 days to go, I am getting ready to go do some phone banking tonight for our (hopefully) new Governor Judy Baar Topinka.

Excited is not even the word!

3 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Corey nice work.

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger terrymcdermott said...

Good luck with your blog.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Corey said...

Kyle,

It was phone-banking under the guise of conducting a poll on Illinois government. That is just how it is done at this stage of the game, with both parties trying to locate their likely supporters well in advance of election day and finding out what issues are important to them.

I made 101 calls and between people not being home, answering machines, privacy manager, and people not wanting to take 60 seconds to answer some easy questions, I found just 5 people who were willing to be “interviewed.” That sort of thing makes me wonder about how pollsters go about finding large enough samples and what it might say about the people who do take part.

I’ll probably be doing it again next week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home