Monday, July 31, 2006

Cuba Libre!

Now, that I have a blog, I might as well take advantage of the opportunity to say some things on my mind. I promise I will not be doing this much, and I will mostly be sticking to the Race of the Day thing, but the novelty has not worn off yet...


First, of all, I told my parents I created a blog and they had to call me to see how they could look at it and after taking a few minutes to explain it, they seem impressed by this whole internet thing.

Hi Mom and Dad! If you are reading this on a daily basis, please stop....


More significantly, the news out of Cuba is that Fidel Castro is underdoging intenstinal surgery and has at least temporarily handed off power to his brother Raul.

Television is showing scenes of dancing in the streets of Miami with Cuban refugees justly taking satistifcation in the knowledge that the end may be nearing for one of the worst tyrants of our time.

I hate to ever wish ill to anyone but Fidel Castro is a murderer, a terrorist, who has been responsible and remains responsible for so much suffering in Cuba. The world will be a better place witout him. Whenever that is.

Raul Castro probably will not be any better, but the eventual passing of Fidel will be heartening to many people, and Cuba will inch closer to its eventual liberation.

And it will be one hell of a vacation destination!

1 Comments:

At 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure that mom and dad will continue reading. There is, after all, the slightest little chance that you might be so foolish to actually blog about your sex life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home