Monday, May 21, 2012

May 2


American Idol Top 5 Rankings

I continue to be very impressed by the overall talent this season. Sometime, after the election, I am going to have to go to my DVR and watch all of this season's performances again.

We saw a duet and trio performance tonight that I would have preferred they save until the Results Show, because I still have to rank them and it messes things up.

Round 1:


5. Skylar Laine (60s solo) B-
4. Phillip Phillips (60s solo) B-
3. Joshua Ledet (duet) B-
2. Hollie Cavanagh (60s solo) B+
1. Jessica Sanchez (60s solo) B+


Round 2:


5. Phillip Phillips (duet) C-
4. Skylar Laine (trio) B
3. Joshua Ledet (60s solo) A-
2. Jessica Sanchez (trio) A-
1. Hollie Cavanagh (trio) A-


Round 3:


5. Phillip Phillips (British solo) C+
4. Skylar Laine (British solo) B
3. Hollie Cavanagh (British solo) A-
2. Joshua Ledet (British solo) A-
1. Jessica Sanchez (British solo) A-


Overall:


5. Phillip Phillips
4. Skylar Laine
3. Joshua Ledet
2. Hollie Cavanagh
1. Jessica Sanchez

If the person leaving was based on merit (and perhaps desire to stay), P2 would be the one headed home and on to the next phase of doing his own thing in his musical career.

However, I just see no way that he will be eliminated. It is going to be really tough to see anyone else get eliminated at this point. Somebody has to though, and this is the hardest prediction of the season. I could make a case for why it might be any of the other 4, but my hunch is that Hollie Cavanagh will be the unlucky one, despite doing about everything she could do on the evening (and in recent weeks) and that my parents will take it hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home