Tuesday, March 13, 2007

American Idol- Final 12

Tuesday was Diana Ross Night on American Idol. I hear she has a thing for Jewish guys.

Last week, my two week streak of going 3 out of 4 in predicting the losers was snapped, as I only managed to bat .500 and get 2 out of 4. Sundance and Sabrina got robbed in my view. I said I would bet money that Haley would go home and I was wrong. I believe her home state of Texas just outvoted Sabrina's home state of California, and as a Republican, at least I can take some joy in that.

In any event,I always sort of lament the fact that at this stage of the game, American Idol has to have "theme nights." True, once in a while, I may like one of the themes, such as when the contestants did Queen songs like year, and I realize it helps show off the versatility or lack thereof, of their talent, etc, but I just sort of wish they could pick their own songs and compete in a way to show how they would want to be a star in the future if they won.

So, I am certain I am going to find many of these themes boring and on some nights, like tonight, the women will have a bit of an advantage (not that they need one this season), etc.

But Diana Ross is certainly an American musical legend and here is how I ranked the contestants based on vocal ability from best to worst:

1. Melinda Doolittle
2. LaKisha Jones
3. Jordin Sparks
4. Stephanie Edwards
5. Chris Stacey
6. Gina Glocksen
7. Chris Sligh
8. Blake Lewis
9. Chris Richardson
10. Haley Scarnato
11. Brandon Rogers
12. Sanjaya Malakar

To summarize, there are many talented contestants, but thus far, Melinda and LaKisha are just in a different league.

As for the worst, please America, put Sanjaya out of his misery. He just does not belong there and it is scary to think that he is just two weeks away from earning a spot on the tour. There really is nothing else to be said. It may sound mean, but he is by far the worst remaining performer.

But will he go home this week? Unfortunately, probably not. He just has a reliable core of voters that will stick with him. His run will not last too much longer, but I think it probably has at least a week yet.

So, I am going to predict, that being sent home, will be Brandon Rogers. His chances were really harmed when he was forced to perform first, and he seemed a little too overwhelmed by the magnitude of the situation and messed up some of the lyrics as well.

Get ready for another all-around tear fest on the results show tomorrow night!

1 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is PJK and here is my Idol predictions:

1. Lakisha Jones of Maryland-WINNER
2. Melinda Doolittle of Tennessee-Runner-Up
3. Jordin Sparks of Arizona
4. Stephanie Edwards of Georgia
5. Blake Lewis of Washington
6. Chris Sligh of South Carolina
7. Gina Glocksen of Illinois
8. Haley Scarnato of Texas
9. Chris Richardson of Virginia
10. Phil Stacey of Florida
11. Sanjaya Malakar of Washington

 

Post a Comment

<< Home