Monday, May 21, 2012

April 4


American Idol Top 8 Rankings

A full recap will come, perhaps as late as next Tuesday night, but let me formally offer my rankings in regards to tonight's 1980s spectacular. There were a lot of songs done tonight, some for the first time on Idol, that I had contemplated as having wanted to see done on the show before, so I found that interesting.

Also, why I am certainly not an obsessed fan of anyone on this show, I have to say that this year's "Elite Eight" are a pretty strong group top to bottom. With each passing week, it is becoming more and more likely that the "save" will be used, especially if a girl gets the lowest number of votes after tonight, which I think will probably be the case.

Each contestant had a solo tonight and then took part in a platonic duet with a singing partner of the opposite gender. I had to judge everything I heard on stage tonight so I will be doing so, considering each round to be the first or second time someone's voice was heard.

Round 1:

8. DeAndre Brackensick (solo) B
7. Hollie Cavanagh (duet) B
6. Colton Dixon (duet) B
5. Phillip Phillips (solo) B
4. Elise Testone (solo) B
3. Jessica Sanchez (solo) B
2. Skylar Laine (duet) B+
1. Joshua Ledet (solo) B+

Very tightly bunched together there. Not Round 2:

8. DeAndre Brackensick (duet) B-
7. Phillip Phillips (duet) B-
6. Hollie Cavanagh (solo) B
5. Colton Dixon (solo) B
4. Elise Testone (duet) B+
3. Skylar Laine (solo) B+
2. Jessica Sanchez (duet) A-
1. Joshua Ledet (duet) A-

Next, I combined the scores, broke one tie to determine who was second on the evening in regards to #whosgottahaveit.

8. DeAndre Brackensick
7. Hollie Cavanagh
6. Phillip Phillips
5. Colton Dixon
4. Elise Testone
3. Skylar Laine
2. Jessica Sanchez
1. Joshua Ledet

My bottom three predictions are Hollie, DeAndre, and Elise.

I think the bottom two on stage will come down to Hollie and DeAndre and once again, because she is a girl and DeAndre received massive judge pimping tonight, she will have gotten the lowest amount of votes, but may very well be saved due to her "potential."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home