Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Presidential Power Rankings- #1

January 3, 2007

Welcome to a new weekly feature at CG Politics.

This is the inaugural edition of the 2008 Presidential Power Rankings.

Once a week (typically on Wednesdays), I will rank the top contenders in both parties by the likelihood of their managing to capture their party’s Presidential nomination *as of the present time*. From week to week, I will make note of any changes in the standings.

As events warrant and as candidates drop out of the sweepstakes, the list will be narrowed to a smaller amount of candidates, but as of now, I want to be as inclusive as possible for both parties.

For now, we will start off with a lucky 13 in both parties. Is there anybody who you think I should include in the rankings?

As always, I welcome your comments on these rankings and how the Presidential campaign is shaping up, particularly as it related to the previous week’s developments.

First, (and because I like to save the best for last), the Democrats:

1. Hillary Rodham Clinton
2. Barack Obama
3. John Edwards
4. Al Gore
5. Bill Richardson
6. Tom Vilsack
7. Joe Biden
8. Chris Dodd
9. John Kerry
10. Dennis Kucinich
11. Wes Clark
12. Mark Warner
13. Mike Gravel

The Grand Old Party:

1. John McCain
2. Mitt Romney
3. Rudy Giuliani
4. Mike Huckabee
5. Sam Brownback
6. Newt Gingrich
7. Tommy Thompson
8. Frank Keating
9. George Pataki
10. Jim Gilmore
11. Chuck Hagel
12. Duncan Hunter
13. John Cox

5 Comments:

At 12:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

McCain #1 and Giuliani #3 really? hmmm I like these rankings!

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger moms4mitt said...

Great concept, Corey! I dig it - but obviously I have one issue. The McCain factor.

Just take a look at his recent hardball appearance. It's pretty bad...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxV_850LSkU

Heather
moms4mitt.com

 
At 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Corey,

Nice idea. It'll be most interesting to look back on these early rankings one year from now and see how they've changed.

I'm just curious. Is there a method to the madness or are the rankings more reflective of personal opinion?

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger sku said...

John Cox? LOL Corey, you have an odd sense of humor. Sorry, I know you're an Illinoisian, but Nancy Pelosi has more chance of getting the nomination than that guy.

 
At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comments everyone!

For the person who is asking, I will be doing this based on personal opininion as to who is most likely to receive the parties' nominations as of that week.

I am going to try to rank them objectively though, such as how I have CoMITTed, but yet have McCain at #1 in the rankings for the Republicans at this point.

sku, I will point out that I have John Cox dead last. Who else might run that could be ranked higher?

Cox has been at it for a while in New Hampshire and other states and I get a kick out of the fact that he is someone I have met on a few occasions (even voted for to be Cook County Recorder of Deeds) and his campaign is based out of my suburban town.

I'd have to rank Pelosi about 987087034th most likely to get the GOP nomination, slightly behind Rosie O'Donnell.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home