Wednesday, February 05, 2020

Trump wins Acquital, Romney Wins History

I should never have doubted that Mitt Romney would do the right thing.

I feel vindicated in having supported him in efforts to lead my party since at least 2007. Truly today, he is the leader of my party… or whatever is left of it.

Whatever consequences he faces politically from this point on will pale in comparison to how he will be remembered by history.

The first and only U.S. Senator ever to vote to convict a President of his or her own party. That is not easy thing to do. (He also made it clear he will not be voting for Donald Trump once again in November, but I never had *any* doubt about that)

The reaction among his constituents will probably be mixed, but his children and many grandchildren should never fail to be proud.


 https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/music/library/hymns/do-what-is-right?lang=eng&

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home