Tuesday, May 08, 2007

American Idol- Final 4

I am trying to watch an extra-inning baseball game at the moment, so I do not have the time or focus to really say anything witty here, but overall, I enjoyed the Bon Jovi show a lot more than the Barry Gibb edition of American Idol.

Last week, I correctly predicted that Chris Richardson would be one of the two performers that would be eliminated. I thought that it would either come down to Blake Lewis or Phil Stacey for the other spot. I went out on a limb and said it would be Blake, but alas it was Phil who went down in a "Blaze of Glory."

This week, the contestants both performed two songs, which involved two different set of rankings and an averaging together of them. For a while, it looked like I might have the same standings for both rounds, but it did not quite work out that way.

As for the first go of Bee Gees tunes, I ranked them as :

1. Jordin Sparks
2. Melinda Doolittle
3. LaKisha Jones
4. Blake Lewis

Frankly, I thought Blake was bad, LaKisha clearly did not deliver, Melinda was solid but unspectacular, and Jordin was able to shine.

In the second rounds, I had it as:

1. Melinda Doolittle
2. Jordin Sparks
3. LaKisha Jones
4. Blake Lewis

None of the performances here were really amazing, they were all at least a little better though, with the exception of Jordin, who was just a little bit worse from her earlier number. Melinda really was able to bring it home at the end of this second song though (my goodness, I sound way too much like Paula Abdul).

So, when you put them together, I was forced to pick a tie-break winner for first place, and it was a close call, but I have it as:

1. Melinda Doolittle
2. Jordin Sparks
3. LaKisha Jones
4. Blake Lewis

Blake deserves to go home, but I think it will unfortunately probably be LaKisha who is sent packing, and the American Idol powers that be, who probably prefer a Jordin victory over Blake in the finals, will be happy with that result.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home